Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Rick & Phil!

My very good friends Rick and Phil told me they were getting married next year and wanted me to be their photographer! Eek, I was so ecstatic, words cannot describe. We met up for an engagement photo session this weekend and, honestly, I wasn't sure I was ready. This was the first time I've ever photographed a same-sex couple and I adore these two so much…I didn't want to screw this up. However, they compliment each other so much that as soon I arrived at the location, I immediately started shooting and I found ways to capture their personalities and love for each other without being too cheesy. 

After spending a bit of time in Eastmanville, we worked our way to downtown Grand Rapids to a really cool spot that Rick suggested and I think it will be my favorite urban backdrop from now on! I forgot my step stool, so I improvised and used the trunk of my car to stand on to get just the right angle!

Through the lens, I learned about them that day and feel honored to be a part of their journey. I am so very excited for these two and cannot wait until September 2016 when I get to be the photographer for the best wedding ever!!









No comments:

Post a Comment